Brace for Impact!
With the newer version Kubernetes just around the corner, lets focus on the latest revision, Kubernetes 1.25, that was released back in August of 2022.
This is one of the more disruptive versions for users due the larger amount of API removals & core changes it brings.
P.S: As always, for the full changelog, please refer to the official documentation.
kubernetes/CHANGELOG-1.25.md at master · kubernetes/kubernetes
All container images are available as manifest lists and support the described architectures. It is also possible to…
Deprecations & Removals — Enter explosion sound!
Most the of the following APIs have small to no changes when moving to the stable or updated API versions. Nonetheless, take the time to ensure all of your uses cases/clients are correct.
- CronJob batch/v1beta1 has been removed.
- EndpointSlice discovery.k8s.io/v1beta1 has been removed.
- Event events.k8s.io/v1beta1 has been removed.
- HPA autoscaling/v2beta1 has been removed.
- PodDisruptionBudget policy/v1beta1 has been removed.
- PodSecurityPolicy policy/v1beta1 has been removed.
- RuntimeClass node.k8s.io/v1beta1 has been removed.
Deprecated API Migration Guide
As the Kubernetes API evolves, APIs are periodically reorganized or upgraded. When APIs evolve, the old API is…
With the global adoption & standardization of CSI (Container Storage Interface), Kubernetes has been moving its own internal/native storage implementations to the CSI spec. This initiative is commonly known as the CSI Migration.